To find your Performing Rights Organization affiliation information, you will need to go to your organization’s website and search for your name in their repertory database in order to find your IPI/CAE number. An IPI/CAE number is a nine-digit international identification number assigned to songwriters and publishers to uniquely identify rights holders. If you need help getting to the website of your Performing Rights Organization, you can find link to their website here.
Articles in this section
- What is tax withholding and what countries does that apply to with CD Baby Pro Publishing?
- What is the difference between a collecting and non-collecting writer?
- How much can I expect to earn from royalties?
- Doesn’t a Performing Rights Organization like ASCAP or BMI already collect all my worldwide publishing royalties?
- Will you collect royalties for my co-writers?
- How much commission do you take of royalties?
- Why do you need my W-9 information?
- Why do I need to fill out a W8 form?
- How far back can you collect?
- How soon after my song is broadcast (e.g. on radio) will I get paid?