Your audio files must meet the following requirements in order for you to use our uploader.
- High quality files in either WAV or FLAC
- 44.1 kHz sample rate
***You can also upload MP3 files that meet these specifications, though we don't recommend it. More on that at the bottom.
Please note that your tracks must meet all of our and our partner's standards before we begin processing your album submission. If there are any problems, we will email you immediately so you can upload new tracks.
File names can only include letters & numbers, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). Any other special characters ( !,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,?,+,=,~,/,<,>,\ ) may cause problems.
Here is how to access the audio uploader for your submission:
- Log in to your account at http://members.cdbaby.com/
- Click on the tab “Album & Singles” at the top of the page
- Click on the "view/edit" button to the right of your submission
- On the Title Overview page click on the tab "Tracks & Audio"
- Click on "Add/Edit Audio"
- On the following page you will be able to edit the audio
- Remove the old tracks (if applicable) and upload your new audio tracks.
***More on Why you shouldn't upload MP3s
It's like this: every file is encoded and any quality reduction is locked in. We encode many different formats for our various digital partners. If you upload MP3 files (which are not full quality) the files we send to our partners will not only have the inherent quality loss of the format we encode to, but will also have the quality loss of the format you sent us.
So uploading MP3s is kind of like taking a picture of a picture with a digital camera and emailing it to us. Then when we encode it to send it to partners, it's like we print out the picture of a picture, take a picture of it with a digital camera, and email it to them. It makes much more sense if you send us the original picture, i.e. FLAC or WAV files.