You can select which artist roles for any and all of your tracks that we deliver to Spotify.
We will deliver this information to Spotify only for all new releases. Unfortunately we cannot retroactively add the roles to titles that have already been finalized.
Here is a list of definitions:
- Primary - Main artist that is performing on the track/album.
- Featuring - The artist who is a guest feature on the track/album.
- Composer - The person who contributed to the music.
- Lyricist – The writer of the words.
- Producer – The person/s in charge of a recording session, or the person/s who create the musical tracks that support the vocals.
- Remixer – Someone who creates a new sound-recording by using elements from pre-existing tracks.
On the Basic Single Information page, you will have these options:
On the Basic Album Information page after you've added your songwriter to the bank, you will have the option to check whether they contributed lyrics, music, or both:
- If the you select "lyrics", then that songwriter will be added as the "Lyricist".
- If the you selects "Music", then that songwriter will be added as the "Composer".
- If the you selects both Lyrics and Music, then that Songwriter will be added the "Lyricist" and "Composer".
The Basic Album Information page will remain the same.
The Track Information page (for each individual track) will have the option to select the additional roles.
Artist Roles will be updated on the Track Summary page: