Artists can claim their Apple Music for Artist profile page to upload and change the bio and profile photos associated with the artist page for Apple Music and iTunes. The process with Apple is similar to claiming your Spotify for Artists page.
From your CD Baby Dashboard click on Tools and Promotion, on the following page click on Apple Music for Artist - Request Access Now or click here to start the process.
All you need is the same Apple ID (email address) that you use to purchase music and download apps from the iTunes Store. If you don’t have an Apple ID? Don’t worry, you can create one via the iTunes Connect site as well.
It can take several days to gain access to your artist profile page.
Do you see the message "You don't have any titles signed up with Apple Music" but you actually do have titles up on Apple?
There could be a few reasons this is happening.
- If your release is on a different artist page, you will need to request an artist separation.
- Did your release go through a recent artist separation?
If so, it could be that your artist page is currently being populated. Once Apple creates your artist page, then you will be able to access your Apple Music for Artist profile.
- Is your artist name in Cyrillic?
If so, submit a request HERE. Make sure to include your Apple artist ID so we can link-up your account.
How to add your artist photo on Apple Music
In order to add your artist photo to your Apple Music Artist profile, follow these simple steps.
- Claim your Apple Music for Artist profile. (instructions are at the top of this article)
- Open Apple Music for Artists and navigate to the Manage tab.
- In the section labeled Artist Image, you can upload a new image. *** It needs to be 2400 x 2400 and a .jpg or .png file.
- Once the image is uploaded, you can adjust, crop, and select how it will appear on the service. When finished, select Submit.
- Your image won’t appear changed because there is a manual approval process for new changes in place, but changes typically only take a few days to process. Once you see "Submitted for Review", you know the process is underway.
If you're having trouble accessing Apple Music for Artists, you can get support here.
Have more questions?
Find more answers on Apple Music: https://artists.apple.com/support/124-faq