We're business as usual at TikTok!
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video and it allows you to let your fans create and share fun viral videos using your music. And hey, you may even get new fans!
Think of TikTok as a discovery tool. Most of the videos are 15 seconds long and can help potential fans discover your music. By using our distribution service, those new fans can find you at our partners like Apple, Spotify Tidal, etc and stream the heck out of your songs.
Resso is he new music streaming service affiliated with TikTok. Resso is currently available in India, Brazil and Indonesia, and is looking to expand into more markets soon. Just like with TikTok, your title will need to have the Downloads + Steaming or Do It All Even Unpaid option of distribution level.
Why be on TikTok
- TikTok has 500 million active users worldwide. That makes TikTok the 9th in terms of social network sites, ahead of better-known sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- TikTok is by far one of the world’s most downloaded apps in recent years, having surpassed both the one billion and 1.5 billion downloads mark on the App Store and Google Play in a single year in 2019.
- TikTok is incredibly engaging with the youth of the world. Maybe confounding older generations, but TikTok is standard to the teens of the world. 41 percent of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24 yrs. of age.
- It's HUGE for international exposure!
- As of 2019, TikTok is available in 155 countries (Apptrace, 2019). It’s also available in 75 languages. This covers a large part of the population.
How long will it take?
That's a good question! Once we have delivered your content to TikTok it could go live in as little as a few days. However, with all-new partnerships comes a few growing pains and the ingestion of content could take a little longer than we anticipate. We're working through the delivery of our back catalog as quickly as possible and we anticipate it taking anywhere from 1-30 days once you see that your title has been from "Delivery Requested" to "Delivered".
Please keep an eye out on your delivery history. TikTok should be listed as "Delivery Requested". If that's the case, flipping to "Delivered" can take up to 3 months due to our huge back catalog but we are queue thousands of titles each day. We appreciate your patience!
If you have an active title with CD Baby and have the distribution level set to "Downloads + Streaming" or "Do It All Even Unpaid", your music will get delivered to TikTok in the timeframe mentioned above. You can check your delivery history by following the instructions here.
In order for your music to be delivered to TikTok, make sure you've selected the "Downloads + Streaming" or "Do it all Even Unpaid" distribution level:
Not sure how to check? Click here for instructions.
Update/Change Distribution level
Do you not have the distribution level you need to be on TikTok? No problem! Simply submit a request here and we'll get that updated for you.
How do I add my music to TikTok
Check out the DIY Musician Minute with Chris Robley for a video on how to add your music to this new platform!
Need some reading materials?