CD Baby artists who sign up with us at the "Downloads and Streaming" level will see their albums and singles delivered to YouTube Music automatically.
The YouTube Music service will create high-quality album art videos called "Art Tracks," which play audio while displaying an image of your album cover.
You will receive revenue from streams of these videos just as you do with any of our other streaming partners.
Please keep in mind this is a separate service from a personal YouTube user account where you upload your own content. For this reason, because they are separate platforms within YouTube, these Art Tracks videos are initially not connected to your personal account. If you choose to create a YouTube Official Artist Channel then the YouTube Music Art Tracks will connect to your personal artist YouTube channel.
Click on the link for more information on YouTube Official Artist Channels
If you are not interested in being a part of the YouTube Music platform, you are free to cancel delivery to YouTube Music. Just follow the steps below:
* However, please keep in mind that removing YouTube Music distribution will also opt you OUT of YouTube Monetization. You must have Youtube Music as part of your distribution to take part in Youtube Monetization.
- Log into your CD Baby Artist account
- Click on Albums and Singles tab at the top
- Click on the VIEW/EDIT button to the right of your single or album
- Click on the DISTRIBUTION header
- Click on "Cancellation options" button
- Click on "Cancel From Specific Partners"
- Select YouTube Music AND Google Play*
- Click "Next"
- It can take up to 30 days for your content to be removed from that platform.
VIDEO: Why did CD Baby suddenly post all of my music on YouTube?