If you wish to opt-out of SoundExchange collection through CD Baby, there are two things that you need to do.
1. Claim both shares of your Sound Recording from within your SXDirect account
Please see SoundExchange's website for more information on how to search and claim your recordings in their database.
Keep in mind, you will need to register with SoundExchange as both an Artist and a Sound Recording Copyright Owner (SRCO) in order to claim both shares of your Sound Recordings.
Also note, this process means you will be overriding our claim to your Sound Recordings which may trigger an "overlap" in your SXDirect account for each song being claimed. Not to worry, CD Baby has an automatic release policy if a SRCO asserts rights to a Sound Recording that we are currently claiming.
Overlaps should resolve automatically within 90 days of being created, as CD Baby will not attempt to maintain our claim to your Sound Recordings in this case.
You can find more information on overlaps and disputes on SoundExchange's website.
2. File a cancellation request for SoundExchange through your CD Baby Members account
To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at members.cdbaby.com
- Click on the tab “Album & Singles” at the top of the page
- Click the "View/Edit" button next to the title for which you wish to opt-out
- Expand the "Distribution" section of the Title Overview, and click the "Cancellation Options" button
- Select "Cancel From Specific Partners"
- Select SoundExchange in the section below
- Click "Submit"
- Repeat these steps for each title you wish to opt-out from SoundExchange collection
Follow the instructions outlined above to collect 100% of revenue generated from SoundExchange by your Sound Recordings.
Please note, completing only one of these actions will result in CD Baby continuing to collect SoundExchange royalties on your behalf.