The industry standard with our reseller partners, Amazon, Alliance Ent. etc. has changed. When you opt-in for physical sale with CD Baby, this automatically includes physical distribution with our reseller partners. In order to continue offering you this service, we’re required to have stock that is retail-ready.
This means no homemade CDs or CD-Rs.
We cannot accept:
- Discs that contain generic CD label stickers
- Discs that show CD-R brand names (i.e., “Maxell”, “Verbatim”, “TDK”, etc.)
- Album cover artwork with visible inkjet printer lines
- Album artwork that does not fit the case neatly
- Autographed copies unless your album submission was specifically set up as an “autographed version”
- Discs or artwork that appear to be homemade.
- Promotional copies (i.e., Marked out barcodes, cutouts or holes punched through artwork, any text referring to “promo”, etc.)
- All discs must be inserted into a case that contains an album cover. On-disc printed artwork alone does not count as an album cover.
- If you already uploaded your album cover artwork, your physical copies must match the image that was uploaded exactly.
- All copies must be mailed to us completely assembled and inserted into cases.
Need help with making professional-looking CDs? Check out http://duplication.cdbaby.com for a variety of options!
Article is closed for comments.