We can only make changes to accounts with the express permission of the current account holder. Please follow up with the current account holder to inquire about changes to a submission.
If the account holder does not own or has not cleared all necessary rights to distribute the content through CD Baby and continued distribution of the content infringes on your rights, you may lodge a formal rights dispute, potentially forcing CD Baby to cease distribution of the content.
CD Baby is DMCA compliant and we will need the dispute to be lodged in a certain fashion.
Though an attorney is not required to lodge a DMCA takedown notice, CD Baby encourages you to consult with your own lawyer and/or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
Here is a list of required information and statements you must send to lodge a formal rights dispute:
1. Your legal name and any helpful affiliations (such as artist name or the party you are working on behalf of).
2. The name of the album, artist, and (if applicable) song of the copyright infringement.
3. The location of copyright infringement. A URL would be best, or information to quickly get to the place of the copyright infringement would also work.
4. Your contact information (at a minimum, an email address that we may share with the account holder to clear up the dispute).
5. A statement from you that in good faith you believe there is a copyright infringement. Also to be included in the statement, any light you can shed to circumstances would be helpful.
6. A statement that the information in your formal claim is accurate.
7. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized by the copyright owner to act on their behalf.
You may send the claim in the mail, or you may also email our digital rights specialists at copyright at cdbaby dot com.
If you email your claim, in order for our team to properly see your message, please send it in a separate message to copyright at cdbaby dot com and do NOT copy any other @cdbaby email addresses on that message.
We are a US-English-based company. We do have some Spanish and Portuguese speakers in-house. However, for the fastest response, we recommend English. Otherwise, we have to wait for translations.
Our team will respond to your message when your dispute is received.