CD Baby can deliver your music to Instagram by opting into Facebook Monetization.
Once your music is delivered, it can take 2-6 weeks for your music to be available on Instagram Stories & Reels.
Linking music to Instagram profiles
We don't have a way to link artists' Instagram accounts to their music. Some artists have had success with this by making sure they've done the following:
- Create or update your Instagram accounts to a Professional/Musician account.
- Log in to your Spotify for Artists account, head to the Profile tab, click About, and on the right-hand side, there is a new "More Info" panel. Here you can add links to your Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Wikipedia pages.
- Claim your Musixmatch artist profile and publish your lyrics on Spotify and Instagram. CD Baby artists should use this special link to claim their artist profile.
- Log in to your Instagram account and request to verify your page. Your Instagram profile needs to be public and should match your artist's name.
How to search and post music on Instagram
To use the music sticker on an Instagram story:
- Open your Instagram application
- Select add to Story
- take or choose a picture or video
- Tap the dog-eared FACE icon.
- Tap “MUSIC”
- Search for your artist name and select the track
- Scroll to the section of the song you want to include
- Add any other text or filters, and publish it!
To use music on Instagram Reels:
- Open Stories settings and select Reels
- Tap the music icon 🎵
- Search and choose a song
- Select the 15 seconds of audio you want to use
- Record your video and post.
You can add your lyrics to Instagram Stories using Musixmatch. We offer a guide on our DIY Blog with instructions on how to add your lyrics. Read the blog post here.
The music feature is currently available in the following countries.
Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Sweden, UK, U.S.A, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Guatemala, Uruguay, Paraguay, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Panama, and Nicaragua.