We will fail a release if the audio is a cover or tribute that sounds almost identical to the original song. We are not able to distribute sound-alike covers, or content that uses a similar artist name or image of a popular artist. While this may not violate copyright law, our retail partners have determined that such content is too confusing for their customers and frequently choose to make sound-alike content unavailable for purchase.
Articles in this section
- What do you mean by "sound-alike"?
- Holiday songs that are and are not in the Public Domain
- Do I need to get a license to offer streaming on my cover song?
- What IS a cover song?
- What is NOT a cover song?
- VIDEO: What is a Cover Song?
- VIDEO: What is a cover song? Can I sell them through CD Baby?
- Do I need to own all the rights to the music I'm selling?
- How can I sell an album that has cover songs?
- I already got permission for my cover song when I pressed my CD. Am I covered for downloads, too?