You can change the price your music is being sold for on CD Baby at any time within your account! Just follow these steps to do so:
- Log into your account CD Baby account.
- You can locate the page to edit your titles by clicking on the tab “Album & Singles” at the top of the page or “View All Releases” toward the middle of the page.
- Under “Paid Items”, locate the release you want to edit, and click on the grey “view/edit” button.
- You will then be brought to your Title Overview. Expand the section that says "Selling on CDBaby.com"
- Note that digital and physical formats are priced separately. Click the purple "Edit Digital Pricing" or "Edit Physical Pricing" buttons to make changes to each.
Please note that the pricing you set for your release is only for CD Baby's store. All other platforms will assign your pricing according to their own standards (usually $0.99 a track, and $9.99 an album).
We cannot make price changes universally among our digital partners. Apart from iTunes, part of our agreement is that all platforms reserve the right to price music according to their guidelines. That is not something that can be changed by special request.
That said, Apple gives us a bit of flexibility to adjust pricing as long as it adheres to their platform's structure.
The lowest they'll price an album is $1.99, and the highest is $15.99. They will price individual tracks at $0.69, $0.99, or $1.29. An album's overall price can't exceed the combined cost of the tracks. (So a 10 song album can be priced at $4.99 if you like, but not $15.99).
If you'd like to adjust the price in iTunes (only) please use the "Report Trouble" tool from within your account. Not sure where that is, check out this article.