- The songwriter does not have an agreement in place with another publisher or publishing administrator for the track.
- If you are adding a co-writer as a collecting songwriter, they have given you permission to agree to and sign the Publishing Administration Addendum on their behalf.
- Please read this Help Center article for a general overview of the Publishing Administration Addendum.
- The release is a Legacy Pro Publishing release, and the songwriter will be collecting performance royalties through CD Baby Pro.
- CDB Boost releases should not have collecting songwriters added. Non-collecting songwriters can be opted in to collection of mechanical and digital performance royalties through Boost's suite of services.
If a songwriter does not meet all of these requirements, they should be added to the track as a non-collecting songwriter. If none of the songwriters on a release meet these requirements, your release is ineligible for CD Baby Pro Publishing. Please submit a request to downgrade your submission to Standard.
*The CD Baby Pro Publishing service was discontinued as of August 8th, 2023. Any paid release which was signed up for CD Baby Pro Publishing prior to August 8th, 2023 is considered a Legacy Pro release and will continue to receive Pro Publishing services. CD Baby now offers a new expanded suite of revenue amplifiers called “CDB Boost” instead.