Releases getting mixed up on the wrong artist page is a common occurrence with bands/artists that have the same or similar names. Alternatively, if your release was set up in a new artist page instead of an existing one, or the casing or accent marks did not get placed properly. We can easily get your release moved to its own page or correct page and away from the incorrect artist page for most sites we work with.
How to file an Artist Separation with Spotify
- If another artist’s content appears on your verified page, please report it here.
- For all other requests, log into your CD Baby account
- Under “Manage” click on “Spotify Artist Separations”
- Follow the instructions, it’s that easy! You will receive a confirmation once the request has been submitted.
How to file an Artist Separation on YouTube
Artist Separations on YouTube require more specific information so be sure to include this information where applicable.
- UPC(s) of your album(s)/single(s)
- A list of ISRCs of all your tracks
- Current YouTube URL of the incorrect topic page
- The desired URL, if there is one. (If there isn’t one then just say “Please move to a new page” or "Please move to a new topic page”.)
Regarding Topic Pages and YouTube:
If you DO NOT have an artist page listed on either Wikipedia or MusicBrainz, your content will be moved to a page of its own, and that page will be listed under “Various Artists”.
We highly recommend you claim your YouTube Official Artist channel before you submit an artist separation. You can see more information on the benefits here.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in the process of claiming your Official Artist Channel for YouTube, please wait two weeks for the verification to process. By claiming your OAC, there is a high likelihood that videos that are not yours, will be removed from your channel. It can take up to 30 days for YouTube to complete the claim process. It's not unusual to see incorrect content added and then removed in that thirty day period. If it has been more than thirty days since your channel was enabled and you still see videos that are unfamiliar, submit an artist separation through the form.
For Deezer, we'll need the artist ID and the album ID.
- The artist id is the number appearing at the end of the artist page URL.
- The album id is the number appearing at the end of the URL of the album page https://www.deezer.com/us/album/XXXXXXXX
We also need you to let us know if this is for an existing artist page or you want us to set up a new one.
How to file an Artist Separation with other partners
(NOTE: For separations regarding YOUTUBE please see different instructions further down in this article)
You will need the following information to successfully request an artist separation:
- The URL(s) of the ARTIST page(s) where you see your releases mixed in with the other artists'
- The UPC of YOUR album(s)/single(s) (you can find this in your CD Baby account by clicking the link UPC Bar Code from your account dashboard.) If you need help, go here.
- If there is more than one partner, please list the partners. You do NOT need to submit multiple requests per partner.
In order to have your music separated from the wrong artist page or moved from one artist page to another, use the Submit a Request page & choose Artist Separation Request from the drop-down. The ticket will be sent directly to our digital team, and they'll send you a reply once your request has been processed.
How to find the Artist URL on a partner site
On an application like iTunes, you can obtain these URLs by right-clicking the artist name and then left-clicking "Copy URL." For our other partners, you can search their site then copy the link that appears at the top of the screen once you have located your listing.
Partner sites we are NOT able to file separation requests with:
Unfortunately, we aren't able to perform artist separations at the following partners:
- Amazon MP3 (unless you claim your Amazon profile.)
- CD Baby Publishing
- Line Music
- NetEase Cloud Music
- Nuuday (formerly 24/7)
- Slacker Radio
- Tencent Music
- United Media Agency (UMA)
- Xiami Music
- Youtube Content ID