If you have a submission with us at the CD Baby Free level or Standard you do have the option to upgrade it to Standard or Pro in order to take advantage of digital distribution and physical distribution. If you wish to to upgrade from CD Baby Free to Standard or from Standard to Pro you can do so by following these steps:
- Log into your CD Baby members account
- From the account dashboard click on "Upgrade Your Title"
- This will take you to a list of your releases that are eligible for upgrading, and under the upgrade options header choose the Standard Option
- Next, you will be guided to the Upgrade Assistant which will guide you through the additional information we need for the Standard level of distribution with us. (if you are familiar with the process though you do have the option to skip using the upgrade assistant)
- Once you have provided all of the additional information we require, you will then come to the checkout screen where you can pay the upgrade and barcode fee.
* CD Baby Free is no longer available for new submissions.
** If you have a CD Baby Free submission and you do not upgrade, your music will be removed from our store by July 31, 2019.
View this video tutorial with instructions on how to upgrade.