In this article, you will find.
- How to resize your image
- How to create your own cover art
- If your artwork uploads but is not a perfect square...
Most often if you are having trouble uploading to us it's because the artwork is not an exact square or is not the right pixel size. We do require that images are a minimum of 1400 x 1400 pixels square; and a maximum of 3000 x 3000 pixels.
To get your artwork resized so that it will upload within your CD Baby account, you can go to PIXLR to edit your image for free:
To resize your image with PIXLR:
These instructions work best if your image is already a square and higher resolution. Otherwise, you will have to crop your image to be a square.
- Go to https://pixlr.com/x/
- Click "Open Image"
- Select your image and click Open
- Click Properties to the left of the screen
- Click on RESIZE IMAGE
- Toggle the section "Constrain proportion" (if applicable)
- Type in 1400 x 1400 or 3000 x 3000 where it says Width and Height
- Click "Apply"
- Click "Save"
- Select File type JPG at High Quality or you can choose PNG
- Click "Download" this version of your artwork will save on your computer.
From there you can log into your CD Baby account and upload the image to us.
If you do not have artwork yet...
Watch this video to see how you can create your own cover art for free.
If your artwork uploads but is not a perfect square...
If you attempt to upload an image that is not perfectly square you will be given the option to crop your image so it is square.
You can see an example of how this works below: