Why do I need to fill out a W8 form?

If you earn money in — but do not pay taxes to — the United States, you are required to complete a W-8 tax form. This form must be submitted successfully for each account holder before we can begin paying royalties on a quarterly basis.

CD Baby is a US company and we need to report any royalty payments for tax reasons to the US government. In order to do this we require a ‘foreign tax identification number’ which is reported on Form W8.

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk