CD Baby is not like a traditional publisher; we’re closer to what folks in the biz call an ‘administrator.’ In our role of a publishing administrator, we register songs with Performing Rights Organizations and collect publishing royalties on your behalf. This is different from a traditional publisher that would provide a full suite of creative and legal services (e.g. sync licensing, copyright).
Articles in this section
- Duplicate songwriter error
- What does CD Baby Pro Publishing do?
- Where is CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration available?
- How long is my publishing deal with CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration?
- How old do I have to be to join CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration?
- Can I join CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration if...
- Why can't I add my band as a collecting songwriter?
- Is CD Baby Pro like a Performing Rights Organization?
- Is CD Baby my publisher if I am listed at the Pro level?
- Does CD Baby Pro claim any ownership of my music?