CD Baby is not like a traditional publisher; we’re closer to what folks in the biz call an ‘administrator.’ In our role of a publishing administrator, we register songs with Performing Rights Organizations and collect publishing royalties on your behalf. This is different from a traditional publisher that would provide a full suite of creative and legal services (e.g. sync licensing, copyright).
Articles in this section
- How can a Greek songwriter work with CD Baby Pro Publishing?
- Why can't I add my band as a collecting songwriter?
- It says I don't have a collecting songwriter, but I do!
- Why is CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration not available in my country or with my Performing Rights Organization?
- How do I affiliate with a Performing Rights Organization in order to use CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration?
- Can I use CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration? Where is it available?
- Upgrading from Standard to Pro
- What is music publishing?
- VIDEO: What is music publishing?
- What does CD Baby Pro Publishing do?