YouTube ads are similar to Google ads. It’s essentially an ad-placement auction. The amount you earn for each clicked ad, while small, will vary according to a number of factors, so it’s difficult to make predictions. The bottom line is this: the more people who watch videos that use your music, the higher the probability of clicked ads. The more ads clicked, the more you earn.
Articles in this section
- VIDEO: What is Content ID and how does it work?
- Facebook Monetization
- Can I exclude someone else’s video from being claimed by CD Baby, if I’ve allowed them to use my music?
- Are there guidelines over what is considered “Eligible” sound recordings that can be monetized and “Ineligible” sound recordings that can’t be monetized?
- I am not a CD Baby artist and I received a claim that is false
- How do I make money from YouTube?
- Why should I have CD Baby help me monetize my music on YouTube?
- What percentage do I keep from the usage of my music on YouTube?
- Do I still own all my rights when working with your YouTube monetization program?
- How long am I locked into your YouTube Monetization Program for?