A P.R.O is a Performing Rights Organization (like ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SOCAN, etc.). Artists can affiliate with one of these groups to collect performance royalties on their behalf. When you have a song placed on a TV show or commercial, not only will you earn money from the licensing fee, but you will be owed royalties for the "public performance" of that song on TV, radio, etc. Registering with a P.R.O. will help ensure you are properly paid those royalties. For help with P.R.O. registration, check out CD Baby Pro
Articles in this section
- What is TouchTunes? Am I eligible?
- VIDEO: What is sync licensing??
- What is Sync Licensing?
- What is CD Baby’s sync licensing program?
- How much does it cost to opt into the sync licensing program?
- What is required to be eligible for CD Baby Sync Licensing?
- Why should I opt into the sync licensing program?
- What is a P.R.O.?
- How long does it take for my tracks to be available for sync licensing after signing up?
- Can I sign up my cover songs for sync licensing?