The guidelines for how to properly format a tribute release's artwork & basic info are as follows:
- The performing artist name cannot include the original artist name (i.e., The Beatles Tribute Band, etc).
- The release title should not start with the original artist name (i.e., The Beatles: A Metal Tribute, etc). The original artist name can appear later on in the release title, however (i.e., Help: A Metal Tribute to the Beatles, etc).
- The track titles cannot include references such as: "As Made Famous By…," "Originally Performed By…," "In the Style of…," etc.
The guidelines for how to properly format a karaoke release's artwork & basic info are as follows:
- The word "karaoke" must appear as large as, or larger than, the original artist name.
- The word "karaoke" must not be used as the artist name on its own but can be incorporated into an artist name (i.e., The Karaoke Superstars, etc.)
- The title of karaoke tracks must indicate that there are no leading vocals on the track. For example, "Karaoke Version," "Instrumental Version" - this should appear after the track title in parenthesis. For example, "Track Title (Karaoke Version)."