No problem! You should add your country's physical bank address, however, it is crucial that after you've successfully added your bank information, you go back and edit your address and add the correct one for tax purposes.
Follow these instructions:
Add the bank information
- Log into your CD Baby account
- Under "How should we pay you?", select the country that you do your banking in.
- Enter the physical address of your bank.
- Finally, click "Next" to input your bank credentials.
- Be sure to use a Checking Account number in the "Account Number" field. Not a savings account.
- Once you're done, click "Add".
- You'll get back to the main Payment Methods and you'll want to click on the little pencil next to Bank Transfer
Edit payment address
- From here, you'll see your address at the very top and an option to edit, click on the little pencil next to Edit
- On the next screen, update the address in this section to your actual contact information, click "Save" and "Save" again. Your bank information will remain.
Updating your contact address is important.
CD Baby complies with the tax laws of the United States. We cannot advise you on your personal tax obligations. Please consult a local tax professional.
If you have payment and tax info saved in our new system, and if you are over your pay point, you will be paid as usual. However, if you have not entered a tax ID, or if the tax ID is invalid, we will need to withhold at the default amount (24% for US persons/30% non-US persons). This amount will appear as withheld on your year-end tax forms.