To be included in CD Baby's Wholesale Distribution Program with partners like Super D, Amazon, and Alliance, choose one of the options below that applies to you:
- Adding physical distribution to a digital release
- Setting a physical distribution price
- Delivery Timelines
Adding physical distribution to a digital release
Follow these steps:
- Log into your CD Baby account.
- Click on "Albums & Singles" and locate the release you wish to add physical to.
- Click the "view/edit" button. This will take you to its Title Overview page.
- Click on the header "DISTRIBUTION", and you should see "No" next to it.
- Then click "Add Physical Distribution".
- Select "Physical Distribution Program" and select the type.
7. Click on "Save and Continue" and your information will be saved. Since your title is already finalized, you'll see a default price. If it's a brand new title, you will be prompted to provide a suggested price during the sign-up process.
Setting a physical distribution price
When you sign up for the CD Baby Physical Distribution program, our recommendation is to price in one of these tiers to find the balance between selling more CDs or vinyl and making enough money from each unit sold. The Suggested List Price you set does not determine the exact retail price.
The following are three suggested pricing tiers, depending on your needs.
- Budget: $10.99 per disc
- Midline: $12.99 per disc
- Full Line: $15.99 and above per disc
Once you select a pricing tier, it's final and cannot be changed.
If you want a more in-depth explanation regarding how physical pricing works with our wholesalers, check out this article.
Digital Delivery Timelines
For updates on digital delivery timelines, please go to this article.
Physical Delivery Timelines
Keep in mind that it can take 4-8 weeks for your album to be added to the Alliance catalog and 3-4 weeks for the Amazon physical listing to go live. If you have a future release date, make sure to deliver 5 retail-ready discs to our warehouse after you finish submitting your album for distribution. For more information on how and where to send the discs, go here.