Standard Classical Format for Song Titles:
Song titles for Classical albums must follow a standard format. Name of Work, Key, Catalogue Number: Movement Number. Movement Title. We also do not want the original composer name in the track title (Place them in the songwriter section).
- Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: I. Andante Sostenuto
- Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: II. Andantino in modo di canzone
- Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36: III. Scherzo. Pizzicato ostinato
Movements from a Larger Collection or Work:
If you are only performing a single movement that is taken from a larger collection or work, we still need to include the larger work title and catalogue number.
- The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I: Prelude and Fugue No. 10 in E Minor, BWV 855
- Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben, BWV 147: X. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- 24 Caprices for Violin, Op. 1: No. 15 in E Minor
- 24 Vocalises, Op. 81: No. 1 in C Major
- 24 Préludes, Op. 28: No. 7 in A Major
Works That DO NOT need a Key Listed:
Not all works will need key listed as part of the main title.
- Préludes, Book I, L. 117: VII. La fille aux cheveux de lin
- Suit bergamasque, L. 75: III. Clair de lune
- Myrthen, Op. 25: No. 1, Widmung
- Carnaval, Op. 9: I. Préambule – II. Pierrot
- Miroirs, M. 43
- Romances sans paroles, WD 46: II. Extase
- Ave Maria, CG 89a
- Ave Maria, D. 839
- Romanian Folk Dances, Sz. 56: I. Joc cu bata
Works That DO NOT Have a Catalog Number or Opus Number:
Some works do not have a catalog or opus number.
- The Carnival of the Animals: XIII. The Swan
Common Nicknames for Works:
If you want to use a common nickname often attributed to a work, do so in quotations at the end of the main title, just before the colon at the end of the main work title.
- Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Op. 74 "Pathétique": I. Adagio sostenuto
- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major "Emperor": II. Adagio un poco moto
Works Which Have Been Arranged or Transcribed for a Different Instrumentation
For works which have been arranged or transcribed for a different instrumentation need to note such in the title.
- The Carnival of the Animals: XIII. The Swan (Arr. for Tuba & Contrabass Flute)
Opera should be formatted as follows:
Title of Opera: "Title of Track"
- Così Fan Tutte, K. 588, Act I: "Smanie Implacabili"
- Lohengrin, WWV 75: " Einsam in trüben Tage"
- Macbeth, Act II: "Come dal ciel precipita"
- Carmen, WD 31, Act I: " Chœur des cigarières"