As we roll out this new system, you may notice your weekly payment appearing later in the week than usual.
You can change or update your payment or tax information at any time from within your account.
- Adding Payment Information
- Adding Tax Information
- When will I receive my payment?
- What if I didn't get my payment?
Adding Payment Information
You may receive your payment in multiple deposits based on the type and source of the income. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve this.
Note: You will only ever be charged one payment fee.
- Log into your account at members.cdbaby.com.
- Under "Manage", click on "Payment & Tax Info" or from Account Settings, choose "Payment & Tax Info"
- Choose your Pay Point
Please note: these are the recommended minimum Pay Points for bank transfers.
- ACH: $10
- IACH: $11
- SWIFT: $45
- USD SWIFT: $65
- Select your method of payment. Once you enter your location, available methods of payment will be displayed including Paypal, Bank Transfer, or a check (U.S. only).
- Next, if you haven't already, you will need to add your Tax Forms.
Artists who have reached their pay point will have payments processed on Monday.
If you need to make changes to your payment info or change your payment method, please do so by Saturday at 11:59 PM Pacific Time to ensure that the updates will be reflected in your upcoming payment. Changes made after this time will not go into effect until the next pay cycle.
If you have payment and tax info saved in our new system, and if you are over your pay point, you will be paid as usual. However, if you have not entered a tax ID, or if the tax ID is invalid, we will need to withhold at the default amount (24% for US persons/30% non-US persons). This amount will appear as withheld on your year-end tax forms.
Adding Tax Information
Please note; Special characters and diacritics are not accepted by our system at this time (ex. í, ó, ú, ç, ñ, ã, õ etc)
- Click Submit a Tax Form and you'll see the "Tax Form Selection" page
- You will be prompted to fill out a series of selections. Click "Continue" after each one.
- When you are done, you can choose "Tax Statement Delivery Method" E-delivery or Postal Mail. Regardless of selection, you will get an email your form is available for download within your account.
- Click "Done" at the very end.
Updating your W8/9 form
If you need to make changes to the W8 or W9 form saved in your CD Baby account, you must submit a new form. Click "+Complete a Tax form" and fill out the form again. Submitting a new tax form will void your previous tax form.
I don't have or don't know my TIN / FTIN
You probably do! In many countries, this will be something like a National ID Number. It's very important to make sure you enter a valid TIN so that we withhold the correct amount of taxes for your location, and your tax forms are approved without any problems. Here are some examples of types of Foreign Tax ID numbers (FTIN) for different countries:
- Brazil: CPF or CNPJ
- Canada: Nine-digit Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Business Number (BN)
- Finland: Finnish Social Security Number or Business ID
- France: SIREN
- Italy: TIN or Codice fiscale
- Mexico: Clave en el Registro Federal de Contribuyentes (RFC)
- Poland: PESEL number or TIN
- Turkey: National Identity Number or TIN
- UK: Unique taxpayer reference (UTR) or National Insurance Number (NINO)
- India: PAN or Permanent Account Number
Click here for information about Tax Identification Numbers in most countries.
My TIN/FTIN has been rejected multiple times
If your TIN/FTIN has been rejected multiple times, but you are sure you are entering a valid tax identification number, please let us know. To do so, please click the submit a request link at the top of the page, choose "Contact CD Baby" -> Please answer my ticket -> Sales, Payments, and Taxes" from the drop-down menu, and add "TIN/FTIN Rejection" to the subject line of your ticket.
To prove that this TIN/FTIN is valid, we'll need you to send us any government-issued form that contains the printed tax identification number and the legal business name for your artist entity. Please do not type in your TIN/FTIN on your support request ticket.
When will I receive my payment?
Once we send the payment notification email, the payment has already been initiated and we are unable to stop or change it.
|US||2-3 business days||2 to 7 business days||1-2 weeks|
|International||5 – 7 business days||2 to 7 business days||N/A|
What if I did not get my payment?
If the bank account we sent your payment to is now closed, the bank will return the money to us. We'll add it right back to your CD Baby account balance so it can be included in your next payment. We'll send you an email notification that your existing payment information has been removed so you can update it.
If the account holder name entered for your payment method does not match the name of the bank account holder, your payment will not be sent. We'll send you an email notification that your existing payment information has been removed so you can update it.
We have to wait for 30 days from when the payment was originally sent so that PayPal can return the funds to us, at which point we can re-issue. Please contact us after that 30 day period to request that this payment be re-issued.
Once you've confirmed you have the correct address on file you can contact us to request that we resend the check. But, the bank won't let us do that until 30 days after it was originally issued. Please wait 30 days before making your request.