Song splits determine the percentage of royalties paid to songwriters from each song. These splits can be divided as per an agreement between each songwriter – often based on the percentage of input a songwriter provided to a song. Splits are always based on overall contribution out of 100%. Splits should be agreed upon before registering songs and total 100% per track.
Articles in this section
- What information is needed to register a song for CD Baby Pro Publishing?
- How long will it take for my songs to be registered for CD Baby Pro Publishing?
- What you can and can't register with CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration.
- With whom do you register my songs?
- Do you register my songs with the US Copyright Office under CD Baby Pro Publishing?
- Why do you ask about “lyrics” and “music”?
- What are song splits?