CD Baby Pro provides publishing royalty collection services to independent songwriters. We act as publishing administrator for our artists, meaning we can register songs and collect publishing royalties on their behalf. Revenue from royalties relating to the sound recording are NOT a part of CD Baby Pro's collection services — only publishing royalties.
For any songwriter, the process of efficiently collecting publishing royalties can be daunting, if not impossible. There are multiple societies and collection agencies with which to contend, endless paperwork, and confusing jargon. CD Baby Pro Publishing makes this process easy for the first time with a one-stop publishing administration service.
Not already registered with a performing rights organization? For US and Canadian artists, we’ll save you the trouble and affiliate you with either ASCAP or BMI in the US, or SOCAN in Canada. For other countries where we offer CD Baby Publishing, if you are unaffiliated, we’ll guide you to how to join your appropriate performing rights organization.
If you are affiliated with a Performing Rights Organization already, CD Baby Publishing will become the administrator of your publishing. In each scenario, you will still be paid your writer share directly by the Performing Rights Organization.
Your songs will be registered with music collection societies around the world, including Performing Rights Organizations (like ASCAP, BMI, PRS), Mechanical Rights Organizations (like HFA, MCPS) and other key music registration platforms.
Sign-up for CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration to get your money for:
- All mechanical royalties from Spotify, Apple Music and other streaming sites. These are generated from every single stream.
- All international mechanical royalties from download stores like iTunes. These are generated from every single sale.
- All performance royalties from streaming services (like Spotify), radio, TV, live concert performances and much more.
- Global YouTube publishing administration for any video on YouTube that contains your music.
- Hundreds of other sources of songwriting and publishing royalties from around the world.