How do I collect royalties when my song is covered by another artist or released by a third party?

CD Baby Publishing Administration makes it possible for you to collect the money owed to you whenever your songs are played - be it by you or by a third party. Your music can generate more money than you may have realized since you don’t always know all the uses of your music.

If your song is manufactured and sold by a third-party, you are entitled to a mechanical royalty. This will be paid to you by the third-party releasing the album for sale. This third-party could be a label releasing your songs, or a label / artist covering your songs.

All CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration clients will have their songs registered with Harry Fox Agency for easy mechanical licensing via Songfile. We will also collect mechanicals from compulsory licenses via our partners at Loudr and Easy Song Licensing.

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk