It's super easy to check out with a coupon whether or not your release is ready. Simply follow the steps below on how to check out with a coupon, or how to check out with a coupon if your release is not ready.
To checkout with a coupon:
First, you must start a submission before you can pay for one.
- Log in to your CD Baby member account
- Under “Incomplete Releases,” locate your submission and click on “Add to Cart.”
- Select whether or not you'd like to add HearNow
- Review your order on the following page, enter the coupon code in the box next to "Apply Coupon"
- Click on "Apply Coupon"
- The coupon will apply in your carts before you pay!
- Click check out, and proceed through check out until you reach the "Order Confirmation" page
*Pricing within the screenshots may not reflect current pricing.
You will receive a receipt via email that includes your Sales Order number. And you're done!
How can I check out with a coupon if my submission is not ready yet?
If you’d like to take advantage of a coupon with an expiration date, but haven’t finished your album or single yet, you can check out now and complete the submission later!
Here’s how to check out now and finish later:
- Get started by clicking "Add New Title" in your Account Dashboard, then select what level of service you would like Standard or Pro (be sure the coupon you want to use is good for the level of service you have chosen).
- Now this is key: you'll be prompted to input some of the information for your release. If you don't have all of this info yet, you can input anything** as a placeholder for now, and edit it later. As long as you get past that first page, you'll be able to check out at any point. **Please enter your actual artist name as this is what we build our internal album ID from.
- To check out, go back to your Account Dashboard by clicking the tab that says "Dashboard" at the top of the screen.
- Now, you can follow the above steps 2-7.
When you're ready to complete your submission, click the grey VIEW/EDIT button to the right of your release in your Account Dashboard. Then on the right of the Title Overview page you can click on the first item that has an ORANGE ( ! )
HostBaby or Bandzoogle coupons
HostBaby submission coupons are still valid and can be used at the checkout after you start a Standard Album or Single. If your HostBaby account was transferred to Bandzoogle you will still continue to receive CD Baby Standard submission coupon codes from Bandzoogle. If you are expecting a coupon and have not received one yet, contact Bandzoogle HERE to get that code.
The HostBaby / Bandzoogle coupon codes are valid for
- One Standard Album + UPC barcode
- One Standard Single + UPC barcode
If you do not have a UPC bar code, during the submission process select "I'd like you to assign me a bar code." When you go through the checkout the price will be deducted for a single; for an album you will still have to pay for the bar code. Follow the instructions above to redeem your coupon.