YouTube automatically generates claims against other users ' uploaded content that matches the music you provide, so it very important that the music you are opting in is eligible to avoid falsely claiming other user’s content. This rule applies to Facebook as well but their program will show no visual indicator (like a claim or ad). Please note: a song needs to be included in a video for at least 20 seconds for it to be recognized by YouTube’s Content ID system and claimed by CD Baby.
Songs that you control all of the master and publishing rights to.
- Use only your own material for which you have exclusive rights. (Original content)
- Use third-party material for which you have exclusive rights.
The following examples are Ineligible and cannot be used for YouTube or Facebook Monetization:
- Content licensed non-exclusively from a third party (such as samples that are not exclusively licensed)
- Content released under Creative Commons or similar free/open licenses
- Public domain footage, speeches, recordings, or compositions
- Clips from other sources used under fair use principles
- Video gameplay footage (by other than the game’s publisher)
- Karaoke versions or sound-a-like cover versions
- Part of a compilation/various artists’ albums
- Songs already monetized on YouTube by another distributor
- Contain any audio library samples, sound effects, or production loops (such as GarageBand loops)
Check out this video for more details on how it works and what is eligible
Important: Violations of these guidelines may lead to permanent blocking of your track(s) from this service.
* Requirements - Your release must be both opted into YouTube Music AND have NO territory restrictions to also take part in YouTube Content ID.
**If you would like to monetize the videos we have claimed, you can dispute our claim within your YouTube account**
Please note: Starting February 20th, 2018 channels with fewer than 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours will no longer qualify for YouTube Partner Program, and ads will not appear until the channel reaches that threshold. For more information, check out this DIY Musician blog post: https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/business/keys-earning-money-youtubes-partner-program/