If you have previous "Standard" releases, but this is a new "Pro" release, you need to add a second version of the songwriter already listed. The end result will be two versions of the songwriter in the Songwriter Bank—one non-collecting version for your Standard submission, and another Pro version that has a "$" next to it. For all Pro releases, you will use the version with a "$" next to it, indicating the songwriter is opted into royalty collection.
Here are the instructions on how to do so: (For quick visual instructions click here)
- Log into your artist account (members.cdbaby.com)
- Click on Albums & Singles Tab
- Click on the 'view/edit' button beside the submission.
- Scroll down to “Tracks”
- Click “Songwriter” under the first track. This will take you to your songwriter bank.
- Click on 'Add New Songwriter' in the Songwriter Information section of that page
- Type in the songwriter's full legal name
- Enter the songwriter's country of residence
- Click on 'Yes' for the Royalty Collection question
- If you do not get an option to select "Yes" please review THIS article to see if you qualify to use CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration.
You will then see the songwriter with a **$** sign right beside it. Fill out the percentages and indicate if that track has a publisher or not.
If all information is the same for each track, you can click on 'apply this information to all tracks' then hit 'save and continue'.
Do you need to edit a songwriter name or add/remove them as collecting songwriter?
- From the songwriter bank click "edit" to the right of the songwriter name.
- On the following window make your edits.
* If you do not have an "edit" option but instead see a lock 🔒 this means that name is being used in another project or the project you are on is distributed. If you need to make edits to a collecting songwriter submit a request here.
What if your name shows up twice, or if it says 200% ownership?
The songwriters involved in the track will be displayed in separate boxes below the songwriter bank. Look for the duplicate name that does not have a $ sign next to it and click on the red x to the right to remove that songwriter from the track.